Lisbon, 8 June 2022 – ○ pride Celebrate with employees around the world at Microsoft to raise awareness and equality for the LGBTQIA+ community – every day of the month and year.Microsoft released Microsoft Unlocka digital experience that will bring together stories from the LGBTQIA+ community and immersive experiences on topics related to accessibility, sustainability, culture, science and technology in the coming months.
Pride Knows No Borders – Pride Events at the June 17 Yen Festival
From the motto “Pride knows no borders”, Microsoft’s LGBTQIA+ community organization, in June 17 exist 6pm An experimental event in the Metaverse. Participants will dive into the history of Pride in a virtual world and learn from activists, gamers in the LGBTQIA+ community, from Microsoft, Xbox, and the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex Association (ILGA), among others Learn more about LGBTQIA+ rights with Advocates. ) and OutRight Action International. Learn more at aka.ms/talkpride.
Pride of Portugal 2022
With diversity and inclusion as one of the pillars of its culture, Microsoft develops and promotes an internal employee base that makes a difference locally, regionally and globally.To give the LGBTQIA+ community a voice, he founded in 1993 Global LGBTQIA+ employees and allies of the Microsoft Employee Resource Group(GLEAM), and started its activities in Portugal in 2018.Currently, the group has 120 members And, growing every year since its inception, 75% in the number of participants.
In 2019, Microsoft attended Pride Parade in Lisbon for the first time through GLEAM with 60 employees and their families. In 2020, it organized the world’s first virtual Pride event with the support of 137 volunteer Microsoft employees in Portugal. Last year, Microsoft also hosted a digital event, under the motto “Together, we can”, which told the stories of GLEAM member Portuguese employees who showed how they were able to achieve diversity and inclusion in the company’s culture.
The most global Microsoft pride ever
Pride at Microsoft focuses on the intersectionality of the LGBTQIA+ movement across race, ethnicity and geography, highlighting the challenges facing communities and calling for a coordinated global response.In honor of this year’s event, Microsoft is donating $170,000 LGBTQIA+ nonprofit OutRight Action International, Rainbow Families Africa, National Center for Transgender Equality, Mermaid, Lavender Rights Project, and Fulcrum UA.Added in this action Eight One million U.S. dollars Donated by Microsoft and its collaborators since last year.
Microsoft operates in more than 120 countries, many of which still do not provide legal protections for the LGBTQIA+ community or even limit their identities. In choosing this year’s Pride focus, GLEAM members reflect on the intersectionality of the LGBTQIA+ community, centering on the stories of Black and African American, Asian, Indigenous, Hispanic and Latino LGBTQIA+, and highlighting the importance of today’s global challenges interrelatedness.
for Sergio Matos, Head of GLEAM, Microsoft Portugal: “Diversity and inclusion issues are complex and at different speeds, whether in terms of gender representation, sexual orientation, ethnicity, socioeconomic background, skills and perspectives. But no town is too small, and no village is too remote, Pride cannot be celebrated. Therefore, we invite everyone to join this year’s Microsoft Pride celebration in a virtual world to reinforce our global commitment to LGBTQIA+ rights.”
A voice for over 30 LGBTQIA+ communities
Over the last year, GLEAM has adopted more than a dozen community flags to drive recognition of different LGBTQIA+ communities.This year, the number of communities represented in Microsoft campaigns has nearly doubled, with 33 LGBTQIA+ Identity Signs, One Ally Sign, and One Polyamory Sign.
Microsoft’s Most Inclusive Pride Series
Since 2018, Microsoft has introduced Pride products into its products to celebrate and make visible the intersectionality and strength of the LGBTQIA+ community. This year, GLEAM members teamed up with Microsoft Teams to release the most inclusive collection in Microsoft history:
- Xbox – Explore curated games, community stories, nonprofit partnerships and more – all created by and with the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Xbox Design Lab Pride Controller – Customize your Xbox Wireless Controller with new designs from Xbox Design Lab and Pride. Available June 9 in all Xbox Design Lab markets.
- Xbox Gear – “Wear” with pride with limited edition t-shirts, handbags and more.
- Xbox Games – Celebrate pride with the creators of LGBTQIA+ on Xbox.
- Microsoft Store – Explore a collection of games and movies curated by Microsoft’s LGBTQIA+ community.
- Windows – A new Windows background inspired by the flags of the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Microsoft 365 – Celebrate the pride of Microsoft 365 Apps with a special theme inspired by the flag of the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Microsoft Teams – Over 50 new Pride virtual backgrounds.
- Microsoft Teams Mobile App – Use the “Show Your Pride” theme in the Microsoft Teams app.
- Outlook Mobile – Embrace pride in Outlook Mobile with themes inspired by the Pride, Trans, Lesbian, Bisexual and Nonbinary logos.
- Skype – Celebrate pride with virtual backgrounds and scenes inspired by the LGBTQIA+ flag.
- Microsoft Rewards – Join Microsoft Rewards to support OutRight Action International with Microsoft Bing Search.
- Bing – Explore the stories of people who have contributed to LGBTQIA+ equality.
- Microsoft Unlocked – Explore our new Pride release center Immersive stories from the LGBTQIA+ community and beyond.
- Microsoft Design – Discover the story of the designer behind the Pride collection
- Microsoft Life – Discover the stories of Microsoft contributors from around the world.
Microsoft has supported the LGBTQIA+ community since 1989, when it was one of the first companies to introduce sexual orientation into its nondiscrimination policy. Microsoft has publicly supported marriage equality even before it became legal in the US — and continues to support all types of families. In addition, Microsoft has been awarded 100 points in the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Business Equality Index for 17 consecutive years.
To download images, click here: media assets
Watch the Microsoft Western Europe Pride event video here.
Microsoft achieves digital transformation in this era Smart Cloud and Intelligent Edge. Its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.